Accustom now offer a 6 hour defensive driving course. This course is offered in a ratio of 3 students per instructor and is undertaken by qualified driving instructors. This course is designed to provide participants with a sound understanding of safe driving practices and includes:
· The principles of defensive driving training - how to minimise risks.
· Hazard Perception - the technique and skill of reading changing road and traffic conditions
· Understanding and operating emergency control functions in modern vehicles
· Vehicle safety - checklist, drivers seating position, tyres and pressures, importance of basic vehicle maintenance
· Practical Activities - understanding the relationship between reaction time, speed and stopping distances
· Vehicle dynamics - understanding what causes skids and vehicle instability
· Key road laws - how much can you rely on road laws to keep you safe - practical interpretation.
· Duties of drivers in relation to road accidents.
· Hazards on country roads.
· All practical training conducted at posted speed limits.
These courses can be delivered in all locations subject to minimum student numbers.
Please contact the office for more information.